Basically, title

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] deathbird@mander.xyz 5 points 3 months ago

Playing Disco Elysium for the first time and it's really good. Reminds me a lot of Planescape: Torment. Really a breath of fresh air after Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 had fun gameplay, but my god did the writing suck. There were a few good bits, but overall it was garbage. The 4-options-only dialogue system blew anyway, but the options were always "Yes", "No", "Meh/Sarcastic Yes", and "Tell me more!" It was terrible.

At least in Skyrim you were a nobody that everyone wanted a piece of, you lack of internal motivation was understandable. The conflicts were between the groups were rooted in a history you woke up in the middle of. There were literally chaos gods (daedra) fucking shit up. For the love of god Bethesda, please just make the next Fallout game an actual RPG.

Oh, and I also need to circle back around to Dave the Diver now that the Godzilla DLC is out.

this post was submitted on 18 Jun 2024
172 points (96.7% liked)

Patient Gamers

10292 readers
57 users here now

A gaming community free from the hype and oversaturation of current releases, catering to gamers who wait at least 12 months after release to play a game. Whether it's price, waiting for bugs/issues to be patched, DLC to be released, don't meet the system requirements, or just haven't had the time to keep up with the latest releases.

^(placeholder)^

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS