submitted 3 months ago* (last edited 3 months ago) by psychoplantkiller@hexbear.net to c/the_dunk_tank@hexbear.net
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] thelastaxolotl@hexbear.net 22 points 3 months ago

She is a socdem, she has some green policies, she has an ok view on gaza war, i wouldnt call her a feminist, i think she is ok on LGBT+ rights, and since she is a founder of Morena she shares most of the ideas from it

[-] Assian_Candor@hexbear.net 4 points 3 months ago

Sounds alright

[-] novibe@lemmy.ml 4 points 3 months ago

“Contrary to other parties of the left, MORENA has not sought to reduce inequality by increasing taxes on the wealthy. Instead, the party has focused on reducing the pay gap between lower-level employees and high-level government workers salaries, such as politicians and judges through austerity measures. The party announced support for a plan by López Obrador to cut salaries of higher-ranking public officials (including the President), lay off up to 70 percent of non-unionized federal workers, and reduce spending by cracking down on corruption and tax fraud. As Article 94 of the Mexican Constitution prohibits reducing the salary of judges at any time during their appointment in order to maintain judicial independence, judges on the Supreme Court took a 25% pay cut starting in 2019.”

🤢

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 3 points 3 months ago* (last edited 3 months ago)

So... Why are British media into her?

Instinctually I get pretty sus about things British media are promoting. Twice now I've heard them talk about how she's jewish and I can't help but wonder if that's related to ongoing events in Israel. Does she have a position on Palestine? British media does not mention anyone being Jewish unless it's related to Israel usually.

[-] thelastaxolotl@hexbear.net 8 points 3 months ago

She has call for a ceasefire but in a "both sides" sort of way, the gov ask last week to join south africa case against israel so i think she will continue that policy.

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 4 points 3 months ago

Weird. Maybe not that then. I don't know what the fuck is going on with our media clearly being supportive of her but we'll see I guess. They don't act like they support people without a reason... I just don't haven't worked out what that reason is yet.

this post was submitted on 03 Jun 2024
147 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15891 readers
473 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS