submitted 1 year ago by RadioRat@beehaw.org to c/chat@beehaw.org

If you’re already living your dream life, please share as well! How do you most want to spend your time?

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Lazycog@lemmy.one 4 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Like many others:

• Work on my free time tech projects out of passion
  • learn new languages
  • play videogames and consume a lot of movies and series'
  • Travel my heart out, and not only via planes. If I actually had a lot of free time without the need to check in somewhere, I would just fill a backpack with all the necessary stuff and travel to my destinations via trains, hiking, renting a car, etc. since time would not be an issue
  • Just be... while sitting somewhere outside, might move sometimes to another spot
  • Actually meet new people. I don't because I feel like I barely have time for my current friends. That is so god damn sad that I alienated some of my friends due to work and keeping up with closer friends. Fuck work.

Edit: sorry for the rant on the last point. I know not every job is like that and I'm in the process of switching my field.

this post was submitted on 18 Jun 2023
40 points (100.0% liked)

Chat

7483 readers
6 users here now

Relaxed section for discussion and debate that doesn't fit anywhere else. Whether it's advice, how your week is going, a link that's at the back of your mind, or something like that, it can likely go here.

Subcommunities on Beehaw:

This community's icon was made by Aaron Schneider, under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

founded 2 years ago
MODERATORS