submitted 4 months ago by Alaskaball@hexbear.net to c/main@hexbear.net

I'll start.

1: An old Italian veteran of the communist movement

2: Gus Hall

3: William Z. Foster.

4: J.V Stalin.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] AssortedBiscuits@hexbear.net 2 points 4 months ago* (last edited 4 months ago)

I've wasted time tracing how many degrees of separation famous people have with Stalin:

Every famous and semi-famous British person is around 4 degrees of separation through Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin since George Marshall attended Elizabeth's coronation. He apparently was seated at a table next to her at some post-coronation dinner, so he's not merely a passive participant.

The entire Cuban Communist Party is like 4 degrees of separation through Fidel/Raul > Brezhnev > Stalin, and most non-gusano Cubans aren't that far away from Stalin either since Raul has been around forever and isn't shy on dealing with average Cubans.

Most of the old-school Cold War ghouls like the Dulles bros and Hoover are Truman > Stalin. Kissinger is Mao > Stalin. Brzezinski is Brezhnev > Stalin. Albright is Brzezinski > Brezhnev > Stalin.

Mao met Stalin at his birthday celebration. Zhou Enlai met Stalin as part of a delegation to request military aid for the Korean War. Chiang Kai-shek is Trotsky(lol) > Stalin, but his son Chiang Ching-kuo actually met Stalin multiple time by virtue of being a de facto hostage, which means modern Taiwanese politicians aren't far removed from Stalin since Chiang Ching-kuo and his successor Lee Teng-hui were in office collectively for 22 years. Deng Xiaoping is Mao > Stalin, but he's also Chiang Ching-kuo > Stalin since they both went to the same school in the Soviet Union. I think none of the newer Chinese leaders beat Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin.

For Black revolutionaries, Nkrumah is Zhou Enlai > Stalin. Sekou Toure is Tito > Stalin since he visited Yugoslavia as part of a delegation as head of state. Lumumba is Nkrumah > Zhou Enlai > Stalin. Huey Newton is Zhou Enlai > Stalin. Kwame Ture is Ho Chi Minh > Stalin surprisingly enough, who he liked to constantly brag about meeting. Malcolm X is Nkrumah > Zhou Enlai > Stalin or Castro > Khrushchev > Stalin. Nasser is Tito > Stalin. Boumediene and Gaddafi are Nasser > Tito > Stalin. MLK is LBJ > Truman > Stalin. Paul Robeson is actually Truman > Stalin where he berated Truman in person for being a racist cracker.

For US presidents, it's:

• FDR: Met Stalin
  • Truman: Met Stalin
  • Eisenhower: Met Stalin as Supreme Commander
  • JFK: Khrushchev > Stalin
  • LBJ: Truman visited the White House and gave a speech at Congress while JFK was in office, so I guess it's Truman > Stalin
  • Nixon: Eisenhower > Stalin
  • Ford: Brezhnev > Stalin
  • Carter: Brezhnev > Stalin
  • Reagan: Chiang Ching-kuo > Stalin based on this https://taiwantoday.tw/news.php?unit=4&post=4846
  • Bush Sr: Eisenhower > Stalin
  • Clinton: Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin
  • Bush Jr: Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin
  • Obama: Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin
  • Trump: Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin
  • Biden: Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin

For UK PMs, it's:

• Churchill: Met Stalin
  • Attlee: Met Stalin
  • Eden: Churchill > Stalin
  • Macmillan: Churchill > Stalin
  • Douglas-Home: Probably Churchill > Stalin or Attlee > Stalin. He attended Elizabeth II's coronation carrying some ceremonial sword, so it's also Marshall > Stalin.
  • Wilson: Brezhnev > Stalin
  • Heath: This fucker met up with Goring, Goebbels, and Himmler all at once lmao. He was appointed by Churchill as opposition whip, so I guess it's Churchill > Stalin. Otherwise, it's Goring/Goebbels/Himmler > Ribbentrop > Stalin lol
  • Callaghan: Brezhnev > Stalin
  • Thatcher: I don't think she met Brezhnev, so it's Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin.
  • Every PM after Thatcher: Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin

For Catholic popes, it's:

• Pope Pius XII: Churchill > Stalin
  • Pope John XXIII: Pope Pius XII > Churchill > Stalin
  • Pope Paul VI: Pope Pius XII > Churchill > Stalin
  • Pope John Paul I: This is the pope who some people say got whacked by the mob, so he wasn't really able to meet with famous people. I guess, it's Pope Paul VI > Pope Pius XII > Churchill > Stalin
  • Pope John Paul II: Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin
  • Pope Benedict XVI: Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin
  • Pope Francis: Elizabeth II > George Marshall > Stalin

Okay, I've wasted enough time.

this post was submitted on 12 May 2024
61 points (100.0% liked)

main

15728 readers
157 users here now

THE MAIN RULE: ALL TEXT POSTS MUST CONTAIN "MAIN" OR BE ENTIRELY IMAGES (INLINE OR EMOJI)

(Temporary moratorium on main rule to encourage more posting on main. We reserve the right to arbitrarily enforce it whenever we wish and the right to strike this line and enforce mainposting with zero notification to the users because its funny)

A hexbear.net commainity. Main sure to subscribe to other communities as well. Your feed will become the Lion's Main!

Top Image of the Month will remain the Banner for a Month

Good comrades mainly sort posts by hot and comments by new!

gun-unity State-by-state guide on maintaining firearm ownership

guaido Domain guide on mutual aid and foodbank resources

smoker-on-the-balcony Tips for looking at financials of non-profits (How to donate amainly)

frothingfash Community-sourced megapost on the main media sources to radicalize libs and chuds with

just-a-theory An Amainzing Organizing Story

feminism Main Source for Feminism for Babies

data-revolutionary Maintaining OpSec / Data Spring Cleaning guide

ussr-cry Remain up to date on what time is it in Moscow

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS