you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] kubica@kbin.social 143 points 4 months ago* (last edited 4 months ago)

Someone:

html, body { max-width: 640px !important; }

[-] sukhmel@programming.dev 30 points 4 months ago

Reminds me of what the official Instagram client looked like on iPad, a lot of margins, and a bit of that 640px wide feed (or whatever the actual width was)

Don't know if it's still the same

That’s because they didn’t make an iPad app and so it was just the iOS app on a large screen. Lots of app used to be like this until they made iPadOS versions.

[-] jaybone@lemmy.world 4 points 4 months ago

Is there actually an OS called iPadOS? I thought it was just iOS?

[-] dependencyinjection@discuss.tchncs.de 6 points 4 months ago* (last edited 4 months ago)

There is. I think they used to run on iOS, hence the upscaling of the apps to the larger screen.

Wiki iPadOS 17

Edit: iPadOS Wiki adding this if you’re curious about the why and when they diverged.

[-] drathvedro@lemm.ee 10 points 4 months ago

Looks like nothing has changed. This is how it opens up on 4k screen. Although, it looks like they tweaked it a little. Up until recently I remember opening a post would show a hilariously small like 800 by 600-something box, half of which was comment section that'd fit like 5 comments at best. But now they finally made it properly scalable.

[-] UxyIVrljPeRl@lemmy.world 3 points 4 months ago

The only reason I have an extension for custom css is this bullshit on far to many pages and I only have a normal Ultrawide

this post was submitted on 12 May 2024
798 points (98.0% liked)

Programmer Humor

32155 readers
110 users here now

Post funny things about programming here! (Or just rant about your favourite programming language.)

Rules:

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS