submitted 4 months ago* (last edited 4 months ago) by -Emma-@fedia.io to c/mtf@lemmy.blahaj.zone

Hi, I'm the total mess known as Emma, and I'm currently a little overwhelmed with things.

So, long story short:

• I started HRT January 2023

• I desperately need bottom surgery as soon as possible

• I'm worried that I should have been doing electrolysis instead of laser

• I'm worried about wait lists for surgery

• I'm worried about the costs of surgery

• I need to find a surgeon

• I'm interested in evacuating to a safe state on the west coast

• I feel overwhelmed with everything that I need to do

There's so much going on for me right now, and I'm seeking input from everyone here with something to say about any of my struggles.

Thanks ❤️

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] fadingembers@lemmy.blahaj.zone 5 points 4 months ago

If you have insurance now, it might cover bottom surgery. This site has a pretty comprehensive list, but if it's not listed there it's worth googling " trans healthcare" and seeing what comes up. You'll likely need two letters of support in order to receive coverage: one from your hrt provider and one from a mental health provider.

Though not completely up to date, this site can help you find GRS surgeons that take insurance by area

[-] -Emma-@fedia.io 3 points 4 months ago

If you have insurance now, it might cover bottom surgery.

I currently have Medicare, so it looks like I am covered. 😊

You'll likely need two letters of support in order to receive coverage: one from your hrt provider and one from a mental health provider.

Well I do currently have a GP that prescribes my HRT and should be able to write me a letter, and I have a Psychiatrist who knows that the only reason I'm talking to him is to get the letter. So maybe I'm all set and don't need to rope a third person into this to get consent to alter my own body? (I cannot begin to articulate the level of rage that I feel about my lack of bodily autonmy)

this post was submitted on 06 May 2024
51 points (100.0% liked)

Transfem

3355 readers
10 users here now

A community for transfeminine people and experiences.

This is a supportive community for all transfeminine or questioning people. Anyone is welcome to participate in this community but disrupting the safety of this space for trans feminine people is unacceptable and will result in moderator action.

Debate surrounding transgender rights or acceptance will result in an immediate ban.

Posters may express that they are looking for responses and support from groups with certain experiences (eg. trans people, trans people with supportive parents, trans parents.). Please respect those requests and be mindful that your experience may differ from others here.

To make such a request, at the start of the body of your post, not in the title, the first line should look like the this: [Requesting Engagement from _________]

Some helpful links:

Support Hotlines:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS