Is This A Game? (lemmy.world)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Grandwolf319@sh.itjust.works 76 points 4 months ago

God I wish they would just be more blunt:

“So according to you, Biden can kill you? If you say yes then hitmen will be on their way”

I’m sure I’ll backfire but god damn it’s annoying when they try to be civil against bad faith actors.

[-] HawlSera@lemm.ee 49 points 4 months ago

That's how fascists play the game, they act ridiculous because the other guy cares too much about decorum and being polite to question the absurdity, so they just go along with it.

[-] markon@lemmy.world 7 points 4 months ago

Exactly. Us lefties gotta take note but so it better lol

[-] VinnyDaCat@lemmy.world 5 points 4 months ago

It's up to us to be better than them. It's never been easy, it will be frustrating, but it's the only way to keep some decency in society.

[-] SuddenDownpour@sh.itjust.works 9 points 4 months ago

This has value sometimes. But there are also times where the Democrats take this to an extreme where it borders self-flagellation, rather than a coherent civic value. For example, Republicans in Texas are capable of organizing a parallel military that will challenge the Federal government, and even though the Federal government had the legal right to dismantle it, liberals are far too concerned with appearances to do anything about it. When does this attitude of "decorum above all" end? Before or after fascists begin public lynchings? It's not an attitude that is applied the same in all directions, either. Why are democrats far more eager to cast doubt into the legitimacy of anti-war protestors than in fighting against fascists challenging the State monopoly of violence?

[-] VinnyDaCat@lemmy.world 2 points 4 months ago

Yeah, I'm not saying we need to self-flagellate.

It's just more so I have seen a lot more people on the left getting far too aggressive lately. The amount of people that seem to want violence as an answer is staggering. We should be working towards civilized solutions, and only resort to violence when we must. I believe that we still have options for handling a lot of the issues in our country peacefully, even if those options are dwindling.

[-] Test_Tickles@lemmynsfw.com 4 points 4 months ago
  1. Letting society come to an end so that we can "keep some decency" in it is ridiculous.
  2. It is possible to be "better than them" and not let them line us all up for the gallows.
  3. You are not "better than them". You literally are them. They are us. Stop being an arrogant dick head. You don't get to be exempt because you are somehow superior.
this post was submitted on 05 May 2024
1457 points (98.8% liked)

Political Memes

5268 readers
2195 users here now

Welcome to politcal memes!

These are our rules:

Be civilJokes are okay, but don’t intentionally harass or disturb any member of our community. Sexism, racism and bigotry are not allowed. Good faith argumentation only. No posts discouraging people to vote or shaming people for voting.

No misinformationDon’t post any intentional misinformation. When asked by mods, provide sources for any claims you make.

Posts should be memesRandom pictures do not qualify as memes. Relevance to politics is required.

No bots, spam or self-promotionFollow instance rules, ask for your bot to be allowed on this community.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS