submitted 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago) by ALostInquirer@lemm.ee to c/rollercoasters@lemm.ee
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] SharkEatingBreakfast@sopuli.xyz 4 points 5 months ago

Cedar Point is a childhood favorite of mine!

I went with my kid last year, as he went on a school trip to a different park, went on a roller coaster, and had a craving for more.

First some reason, I had memories of the Raptor coaster, something very specific, but I couldn't quite remember.. something like "yes, but at the end you'll–" but I couldn't quite put my finger on what happened at the end to make it stick with me?

Then I went on it again as at adult. At the end, as we were pulling in, it happened: that jerk as it rounds the last corner: my head suddenly bounced off the harness like a pinball and I was left with a ringing headache when I got off. That's what had made me remember it! LOL

Not my favorite coaster, but a classic, in my mind.

Rode almost all the coasters that day! Not more than a 10 minute wait on most, excluding the biggest ones.

[-] bobkmertz@lemm.ee 3 points 5 months ago

Raptor is such a great coaster but that head bang that you talk about is something that becomes an issue with all of B&M's inverted coasters with that type of restraint. They seem to get worse with age in the headbanging department. Still a coaster that I love to ride but not one that I can marathon. I think, for me, when it was new and I was in my teens that coaster always felt like it just kept getting better as the ride went on. Most coasters start running out of a steam by the end but Raptor was one of the first that used tighter turns and inversions to make it feel like it was going faster and faster even if it was slowing down.

load more comments (3 replies)
this post was submitted on 02 May 2024
16 points (100.0% liked)

RollerCoasters

541 readers
1 users here now

A place to talk about roller coasters and parks that have them. Everyone is welcome here to both learn and to celebrate these magnificent machines designed to scare you.

Here are some important resources:

1. RCDB
  2. Thrill Data
  3. Coast2Coaster
  4. Terminology and Abbreviations

Images are welcome if they are of high quality and it doesn't get out of hand. Please use PostImages to upload your image and then use that link in the URL field of your post (other image sites are permitted but Post Images has the best policies and compatibility).

Some basic rules:

1. Opinions, theories, and facts are all welcome – but be clear about what you’re saying.

2. Back up facts with sources as much as possible

3. No spam or sell-promotion. Linking to your own media or site is permissible only if it’s specifically related to a topic/post that someone else created.

4. No photos or videos taken on the rides. This is dangerous and shouldn't be encouraged.

5. Limit political discussion. When discussed it must be park related.

6. No fictional coasters (models, no limits, planet coaster, etc)

7. No posting personal information.

8. No shaming of anyone. We all can continue to learn and not everyone knows everything -- and that's ok.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS