cross-posted from: https://midwest.social/post/11490010

Update, yes there are snipers:

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Syn_Attck@lemmy.today -5 points 5 months ago

Welp, thankfully you have a very easy way to identify if you're right or if you're wrong.

If you wake up tomorrow morning and 24h news cycles are megaphoning the murder of innocent protestors, you were right.

If nothing happens, you'll learn you were wrong, and hopefully you'll learn from it.

[-] M0oP0o@mander.xyz 4 points 5 months ago

If nothing happens, you’ll learn you were wrong, and hopefully you’ll learn from it.

How does this make me wrong? All I see is 40ish arrests so far and unless they save the day with some sniper shot my point still stands. I am not sure how you think if the police don't kill people somehow that is an own. This is not a rational response to a protest unless you are in a place with very poor civil unrest or one that is not very free.

[-] Syn_Attck@lemmy.today 1 points 5 months ago

I was unaware 40 protestors have been arrested. nonviolent?

[-] M0oP0o@mander.xyz 4 points 5 months ago

Looks like they just grabbed them. I was reading it might be the biggest mass protester arrest since the Vietnam era, but I am waiting for the final picture.

this post was submitted on 26 Apr 2024
871 points (96.5% liked)

A Boring Dystopia

9584 readers
1341 users here now

Pictures, Videos, Articles showing just how boring it is to live in a dystopic society, or with signs of a dystopic society.

Rules (Subject to Change)

--Be a Decent Human Being

--Posting news articles: include the source name and exact title from article in your post title

--Posts must have something to do with the topic

--Zero tolerance for Racism/Sexism/Ableism/etc.

--No NSFW content

--Abide by the rules of lemmy.world

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS