submitted 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago) by Posadas@hexbear.net to c/chapotraphouse@hexbear.net

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Egon@hexbear.net 28 points 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago)

If I were a billionaire I'd buy a P-liner, a blimp, a ski lodge and an apartment in a couple of cities I like and you'd never hear from me online. I'd probably still be a billionaire, because that's how wealth works. Or if the money doesn't obliterate my conscience I guess I'd give a bunch of money to zapatistas and do a left-wing Murdoch empire and abolish homelessness or something.
Either way I wouldn't be spending my one divine life posting on ~~twitter~~ ~~x~~ any social media.

Edit: You've got to be a very special kinda fucked up to not immediately check out once you become a billionaire. Think of how many of them there are, and how few of them we hear from or of?
I think Zuckerberg kinda had this realisation when he was amping up to run for president. "Wait I'm already a billionaire, why am I doing this shit? I want to live in a corporate VR hellscape where I am god, I don't give a shit about America! I'm gonna go do my weird waveboard thing, grill my meats and work on a worse version of 2nd life!"
George Lucas is the same. He lives on a ranch where he makes movies no one sees and once in a while he pops in to say shit like "Oh yeah the genre of music the cantina band played was called Jizz by the way."

this post was submitted on 11 Apr 2024
195 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13473 readers
837 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS