submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by YellowtoOrange@lemmy.world to c/lemmyworld@lemmy.world

There are so many subreddits that would be good to recreate on Lemmy, though perhaps one doesn't hav the time to be a mod

Is it possible to create them and not be the mod, to allow mod-motivated people to later ?

It would also show people having a peek at Lemmy that some of their favorite subreddits are around.

EDIT:

If we do become a mod, what exactly does this entail? How much time is needed? (likely not much in the beginning, I guess)

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] maiion@chat.maiion.com 5 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I've recreated around 30 subreddits into communities with different icons and banners on my instance. Most of those communities remain empty, but I welcome anyone wanting to post content. You can check out some of the communities I created here. I don't know if some topics are of your interest.

To respect the rules of the lemmy.world instance and community, I want to disclose that my server is nowhere near as powerful as the specifications of the lemmy.world server indicated in this post. Nevertheless, I started my own instance because I wanted to do my part and support the decentralized nature of federated social networks. I also believe we do not truly know what will happen after July 1, and whether or not the more populated lemmy instances such as this one will get overloaded.

this post was submitted on 17 Jun 2023
-1 points (48.6% liked)

Lemmy.World Announcements

28381 readers
6 users here now

This Community is intended for posts about the Lemmy.world server by the admins.

Follow us for server news ๐Ÿ˜

Outages ๐Ÿ”ฅ

https://status.lemmy.world

For support with issues at Lemmy.world, go to the Lemmy.world Support community.

Support e-mail

Any support requests are best sent to info@lemmy.world e-mail.

Report contact

Donations ๐Ÿ’—

If you would like to make a donation to support the cost of running this platform, please do so at the following donation URLs.

If you can, please use / switch to Ko-Fi, it has the lowest fees for us

Ko-Fi (Donate)

Bunq (Donate)

Open Collective backers and sponsors

Patreon

Join the team

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS