Hey there,

Does anyone how hard it would be to implement something like the title? A local post recommendation algorithm that would try to estimate which communities are my favourites based on my post interractions and maybe the time spent staring at a post?

I find myself often having to manually check out the smaller communities that I am joined in because they get drowned by the much larger very active communities. Or maybe even just the ability to set favourite communities to show in priority over some other communities that I am subscribed to

I guess this could also be a kind of proxy, but I think it would be more acceptable to people if it is a local algorithm instead of one running on some random person's server somewhere in the world.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] academician@lemmy.world 9 points 1 year ago

Voyager (formally Wefwef) is doing this. You can favorite communities and it will push them to the top. It's been useful for monitoring smaller communities.

[-] mintiefresh@lemmy.ca 1 points 1 year ago

Oh cool. I noticed the stars in the community section. Didn't realize this is what it does.

Gonna start using it from now on.

this post was submitted on 14 Jul 2023
25 points (90.3% liked)

Sync for Lemmy

15088 readers
3 users here now

๐Ÿ‘€

Welcome to Sync for Lemmy!

Download Sync for Lemmy

Welcome to the official Sync for Lemmy community.

The rules for posting and commenting, besides the rules defined here for lemmy.world, are as follows:

Community Rules

1- No advertising or spam.

All types of advertising and spam are restricted in this community.

Community Credits

Artwork and community banner by: @MargotRobbie@lemmy.world

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS