submitted 7 months ago* (last edited 4 months ago) by mypasswordis1234@lemmy.world to c/asklemmy@lemmy.world

X

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] all-knight-party@kbin.run 30 points 7 months ago

I'm curious, she states that she has argued with him in the past and that it would've revealed the kind of person he is.

What have they argued about in the past? I would almost say that having argued with someone multiple times that you don't even live with is a red flag for happening at all, instead of a green flag that he's not a bad person. I'm curious if the context of their argument would make more or less sense.

[-] mypasswordis1234@lemmy.world 18 points 7 months ago

This is a good point! I'll ask her

[-] tomi000@lemmy.world -1 points 7 months ago

Are you seriously saying that people dont argue over the internet? Is this your first day?

[-] all-knight-party@kbin.run 7 points 7 months ago

I don't mean random opinionated internet comment arguments. If I think about online acquaintances that I actually message privately, like Discord, then I don't argue with any of those people ever. The people I actually privately want to know and have added as friends, anybody who id even come close to calling, for instance, "brother", I don't argue with any of those people.

Random dude on a message board who has awful takes, of course, but I don't add that guy and send him money or consider letting him move into my house.

[-] tomi000@lemmy.world 1 points 7 months ago* (last edited 7 months ago)

I mean sure, if you talk about common interests with people youre less likely to argue, but if you build actual relationships and communicate a lot, arguments are bound to happen. Not arguing with people you are actually close with seems unnatural, whether on the internet or in person.

[-] all-knight-party@kbin.run 1 points 7 months ago

I think it depends. I'm very logical and my brain likes to identify issues and cleanly solve them. Arguing in circles is a waste of time and energy. Basically, it's complicated. I think the nature and frequency of the arguments are important to get a better idea of OP's situation, that's why I asked.

[-] intensely_human@lemm.ee 1 points 7 months ago

Arguing in circles is a waste of time and energy.

So you’re saying I waste your time?? I thought you liked me!

this post was submitted on 25 Feb 2024
151 points (95.8% liked)

Ask Lemmy

26350 readers
1910 users here now

A Fediverse community for open-ended, thought provoking questions

Rules: (interactive)

1) Be nice and; have funDoxxing, trolling, sealioning, racism, and toxicity are not welcomed in AskLemmy. Remember what your mother said: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. In addition, the site-wide Lemmy.world terms of service also apply here. Please familiarize yourself with them

2) All posts must end with a '?'This is sort of like Jeopardy. Please phrase all post titles in the form of a proper question ending with ?

3) No spamPlease do not flood the community with nonsense. Actual suspected spammers will be banned on site. No astroturfing.

4) NSFW is okay, within reasonJust remember to tag posts with either a content warning or a [NSFW] tag. Overtly sexual posts are not allowed, please direct them to either !asklemmyafterdark@lemmy.world or !asklemmynsfw@lemmynsfw.com. NSFW comments should be restricted to posts tagged [NSFW].

5) This is not a support community.
It is not a place for 'how do I?', type questions. If you have any questions regarding the site itself or would like to report a community, please direct them to Lemmy.world Support or email info@lemmy.world. For other questions check our partnered communities list, or use the search function.

Reminder: The terms of service apply here too.

Partnered Communities:

Tech Support

No Stupid Questions

You Should Know

Reddit

Jokes

Ask Ouija

Logo design credit goes to: tubbadu

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS