submitted 7 months ago by lemmylem@lemm.ee to c/selfhosted@lemmy.world
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] dan@upvote.au 4 points 7 months ago* (last edited 7 months ago)

At home - Networking

• 10Gbps internet via Sonic, a local ISP in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's only $40/month.
  • TP-Link Omada ER8411 10Gbps router
  • MikroTik CRS312-4C+8XG-RM 12-port 10Gbps switch
  • 2 x TP-Link Omada EAP670 access points with 2.5Gbps PoE injectors
  • TP-Link TL-SG1218MPE 16-port 1Gbps PoE switch for security cameras (3 x Dahua outdoor cams and 2 x Amcrest indoor cams). All cameras are on a separate VLAN that has no internet access.
  • SLZB-06 PoE Zigbee coordinator for home automation - all my light switches are Inovelli Blue Zigbee smart switches, plus I have a bunch of smart plugs. Aqara temperature sensors, buttons, door/window sensors, etc.

Home server:

• Intel Core i5-13500
  • Asus PRO WS W680M-ACE SE mATX motherboard
  • 64GB server DDR5 ECC RAM
  • 2 x 2TB Solidigm P44 Pro NVMe SSDs in ZFS mirror
  • 2 x 20TB Seagate Exos X20 in ZFS mirror for data storage
  • 14TB WD Purple Pro for security camera footage. Alerts SFTP'd to offsite server for secondary storage
  • Running Unraid, a bunch of Docker containers, a Windows Server 2022 VM for Blue Iris, and an LXC container for a Bo gbackup server.

For things that need 100% reliability like emails, web hosting, DNS hosting, etc, I have a few VPSes "in the cloud". The one for my emails is an AMD EPYC, 16GB RAM, 100GB NVMe space, 10Gbps connection for $60/year at GreenCloudVPS in San Jose, and I have similar ones at HostHatch (but with 40Gbps instead of 10Gbps) in Los Angeles.

I've got a bunch of other VPSes, mostly for https://dnstools.ws/ which is an open-source project I run. It lets you perform DNS lookup, pings, traceroutes, etc from nearly 30 locations around the world. Many of those are sponsored which means the company provides them for cheap/free in exchange for a backlink.

This Lemmy server is on another GreenCloudVPS system - their ninth birthday special which has 9GB RAM and 99GB NVMe disk space for $99 every three years ($33/year).

[-] hardaysknight@lemmy.world 1 points 7 months ago

I hate you and want all of your equipment

this post was submitted on 18 Feb 2024
71 points (91.8% liked)

Selfhosted

39473 readers
616 users here now

A place to share alternatives to popular online services that can be self-hosted without giving up privacy or locking you into a service you don't control.

Rules:

1. Be civil: we're here to support and learn from one another. Insults won't be tolerated. Flame wars are frowned upon.

2. No spam posting.

3. Posts have to be centered around self-hosting. There are other communities for discussing hardware or home computing. If it's not obvious why your post topic revolves around selfhosting, please include details to make it clear.

4. Don't duplicate the full text of your blog or github here. Just post the link for folks to click.

5. Submission headline should match the article title (don’t cherry-pick information from the title to fit your agenda).

6. No trolling.

Resources:

Any issues on the community? Report it using the report flag.

Questions? DM the mods!

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS