The host of Dirty Jobs said that when asked about the debate of the raising the minimum wage in April 2021.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] AuthorInkwell@kbin.social 8 points 1 year ago

The moment I hear someone try to call ANY job "unskilled labor", I have to fight the urge to shove the tools into their hands and say, "Okay, YOU do it, then, since it's so simple."

[-] Davos@union.place 3 points 1 year ago

@AuthorInkwell @jxPTkCXcakcoGNmdhtur There is no such thing as "unskilled labor."

Say it with me everyone and repeat it at least 3 times so it'll sink in...

[-] datatitian@social.coop 2 points 1 year ago

@AuthorInkwell @jxPTkCXcakcoGNmdhtur

Yeah they'd burn their hand off in the deep fryer before they figured out how to make fries.

Mike Rowe is paid by the Koch oil barons to spread their propaganda message that people who perform society's vital functions belong in a underclass and they don't deserve a chance to enrich themselves at college when they're young

https://citationsneeded.libsyn.com/episode-64-mike-rowes-koch-backed-working-man-affectation

@AuthorInkwell @jxPTkCXcakcoGNmdhtur Its beneath me and demeaning to demand I do a job the poors are supposed to. Its just nature there are some jobs for sophisticated intellectuals like and me and some that are not.

this post was submitted on 13 Jul 2023
16 points (72.2% liked)

Antiwork

7692 readers
6 users here now

1. We're trying to improving working conditions and pay.

2. We're trying to reduce the numbers of hours a person has to work.

3. We talk about the end of paid work being mandatory for survival.

Partnerships:

founded 2 years ago
MODERATORS