submitted 7 months ago* (last edited 4 months ago) by steal@lemmy.world to c/steamdeck@sopuli.xyz

Hello! I've been playing the Bedrock version of Minecraft on Steam Deck with the help of MCPELauncher from the Discover store. Performance is generally great, except there are these massive performance spikes that cause the game to hitch every 30 seconds or so.

Sometimes specific actions can trigger smaller spikes, like when you open a chest or other inventory space, but the larger spikes happen pretty regularly and they don't seem to be triggered by anything in particular. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it is a little distracting.

Has anyone else experienced this when using this version of MC on the Deck, or does anyone know of any solutions?

Notes: Non-OLED deck with CryoUtilities active. Minecraft is installed to an internal NVME drive and not a MicroSD card. Changing video settings doesn't seem to have an effect.

Thanks for reading o7

5/27 update: After putting MC down for several weeks, this doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. I am no longer noticing any performance dips during gameplay. 🥳

I noticed an identical issue when playing Elder Scrolls Online, and the culprit with that game was the launcher window running in the background. I suspect that the Bedrock launcher was causing similar issues, but I can't confirm that at the moment.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] steal@lemmy.world 1 points 7 months ago

I have tried Java and it runs great, but I kind of prefer Bedrock since I can play on the same world from consoles and other devices as well.

[-] Rustmilian@lemmy.world 3 points 7 months ago* (last edited 7 months ago)

Maybe try here or here, if you find any bugs check the open issues here for duplicates and report if the bug is unique.

[-] Fubarberry@sopuli.xyz 2 points 7 months ago

There is a mod for paper/bukkit servers called geyser that lets bedrock players play on a Java Minecraft server. Not the solution you're looking for, but worth knowing about.

this post was submitted on 15 Feb 2024
19 points (100.0% liked)

Steam Deck

14558 readers
27 users here now

A place to discuss and support all things Steam Deck.

Replacement for r/steamdeck_linux.

As Lemmy doesn't have flairs yet, you can use these prefixes to indicate what type of post you have made, eg:
[Flair] My post title

The following is a list of suggested flairs:
[Discussion] - General discussion.
[Help] - A request for help or support.
[News] - News about the deck.
[PSA] - Sharing important information.
[Game] - News / info about a game on the deck.
[Update] - An update to a previous post.
[Meta] - Discussion about this community.

Some more Steam Deck specific flairs:
[Boot Screen] - Custom boot screens/videos.
[Selling] - If you are selling your deck.

These are not enforced, but they are encouraged.

Rules:

Link to our Matrix Space

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS