submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by krayj@lemmy.world to c/pizza@lemmy.world

I've been making sourdough bread for the past 2 years and got very good at it. About 9 months ago, I started working out a sourdough pizza dough recipe and began learning how to make my own homemade pizzas.

After much trial and error, and a lot of experimentation, my pizzas started getting much better. Here's my latest.

Details: 100% sourdough pizza dough - 70% hydration. Custom cheese blend: 60% mozzarella, 15% cheddar, 15% sharp provolone, 10% parmesan. Sauce base: made from scratch using canned whole san marzano tomatoes & some seasonings/spices. Toppings: mushroom, green bell pepper, red onion, and hard salami.

The most awesome part is that we no longer order pizza delivery - my pizzas are coming out better than anything we used to get delivered (and it saves a ton of money)!

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] erusuoyera@sh.itjust.works 2 points 1 year ago

Around 10-15cm (4-6"). It's the top shelf of the oven anyway. I saw the tip on a cooking show and it does help to give a more authentic pizza oven style bake. You might have to vary when you time the switch over depending on how powerful your grill is. Hope it works for you.

this post was submitted on 12 Jul 2023
125 points (99.2% liked)

Pizza

1041 readers
1 users here now

Friendly community for pizza lovers and creators of all levels. Share your creations, recipes or questions!

Logo by catalyststuff on Freepik (https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/flying-slice-pizza-cartoon-vector-illustration-fast-food-concept-isolated-vector-flat-cartoon-style_10336107.htm)

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS