submitted 7 months ago by j_roby@slrpnk.net to c/memes@slrpnk.net
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] drphungky@lemmy.world 2 points 7 months ago

So the farmer can arbitrarily decide who gets food?

[-] bane_killgrind@kbin.social 0 points 7 months ago

Yeah

Just like in the existing capitalist economy, case managers decide who receives disability payments and insurance analysts decide who gets medical treatment. Who knew society means being at the whims of other people 🤡

Is a social economy, you can directly appeal to people with resources you want, as in "socialize".

[-] drphungky@lemmy.world 2 points 7 months ago

Gotcha. What about people who the farmer has never met, but they come to him for food?

Man I don't know, why don't you go ask this hypothetical man in this hypothetical society? Don't be a dick if you expect to be welcomed.

[-] drphungky@lemmy.world 1 points 7 months ago* (last edited 7 months ago)

I'm asking you because you're in here arguing for this moneyless, library society! I feel like if we can't answer super basic questions about how getting rid of something as universally important as currency would actually work, then maybe we haven't really thought it through.

Very interested to hear more though, particularly as someone who studied things like this and is now an economist who works in inflation.

It seems like you need a surrogate imagination at this point. Good luck.

this post was submitted on 08 Feb 2024
573 points (86.8% liked)

solarpunk memes

2629 readers
1465 users here now

For when you need a laugh!

The definition of a "meme" here is intentionally pretty loose. Images, screenshots, and the like are welcome!

But, keep it lighthearted and/or within our server's ideals.

Posts and comments that are hateful, trolling, inciting, and/or overly negative will be removed at the moderators' discretion.

Please follow all slrpnk.net rules and community guidelines

Have fun!

founded 2 years ago
MODERATORS