you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] autotldr@lemmings.world 3 points 7 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Police were called to manage hundreds of people lined up outside a dentist in Bristol, who had flocked to the newly opened practice desperate to secure an NHS appointment.

The St Pauls area in Bristol has been without a dentist for seven months after the site closed last June.

Avon and Somerset police said they had told those who were further back in the queue that they were unlikely to reach the front before the end of the day but added they did not ask anyone to leave.

Maria, 80, a local resident, told Bristol Live: “The dentist has been closed for some time.

Preet Kaur Gill, the shadow minister for primary care and public health, said on X: “99% of dentists across the south-west aren’t accepting any new adult patients.

The British Dental Association said fundamental reform was needed to prevent similar situations happening in the future.

The original article contains 386 words, the summary contains 148 words. Saved 62%. I'm a bot and I'm open source!

this post was submitted on 05 Feb 2024
28 points (100.0% liked)

United Kingdom

4049 readers
286 users here now

General community for news/discussion in the UK.

Less serious posts should go in !casualuk@feddit.uk or !andfinally@feddit.uk
More serious politics should go in !uk_politics@feddit.uk.

Try not to spam the same link to multiple feddit.uk communities.
Pick the most appropriate, and put it there.

Posts should be related to UK-centric news, and should be either a link to a reputable source, or a text post on this community.

Opinion pieces are also allowed, provided they are not misleading/misrepresented/drivel, and have proper sources.

If you think "reputable news source" needs some definition, by all means start a meta thread.

Posts should be manually submitted, not by bot. Link titles should not be editorialised.

Disappointing comments will generally be left to fester in ratio, outright horrible comments will be removed.
Message the mods if you feel something really should be removed, or if a user seems to have a pattern of awful comments.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS