Welcome to tea (b.l3n.co)
submitted 8 months ago by Emperor@feddit.uk to c/tea@feddit.uk

Welcome to the tea community. As the leading British Lemmy instance it is a disgrace that none of you stated this sooner.

So here we are for all tea needs - tea news, tea memes, tea recommendations and on and on.

Now for the difficult bit: I don't drink much tea. Not a slight on the nation's favourite brew, I just don't drink hot drinks beyond the occasional lukewarm chocolate. So if there's a safe pair of hands out there who loves a brew then let me know.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Atelopus-zeteki@kbin.run 2 points 8 months ago

Tisanes? Or just C. sinensis?

[-] klemptor@startrek.website 2 points 8 months ago

Camellia sinensis only! Tisanes are for the weak of heart.

[-] Atelopus-zeteki@kbin.run 1 points 8 months ago

If you believe that is true, perhaps you would enjoy a tisane of Huang Lian (Coptis chinensis)? It's extremely bitter, as it's a good source of berberine. Let me know what you think. https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/huanglian https://www.americandragon.com/Individualherbsupdate/HuangLian.html

[-] Emperor@feddit.uk 2 points 8 months ago

Not sure I understand the question but the former would fit, the latter... not so much.

[-] Atelopus-zeteki@kbin.run 2 points 8 months ago* (last edited 8 months ago)

Ah, The former, being tisanes, a.k.a. herbal teas or herbal infusions would be the outlier, so I asked. Tea or Cha is an infusion of the evergreen shrub, Camellia sinensis, and would be the latter. Hopefully I've clarified for you, and now I'll need some clarification from you. :-D

If you Google C. sinensis, you get Clonorchis sinensis - the Chinese liver fluke.

[-] Atelopus-zeteki@kbin.run 1 points 8 months ago* (last edited 8 months ago)

Ah ha ha ha! Also Cordyceps sinensis. I'll pass on the liver fluke tea, thanks.

But you've avoided answering my questions: Tisanes ok? Tea only?

Oh sorry, yeah sure - I'd personally count tea as any plant steeped in hot water. Although that technically rules out magic mushroom tea, so I may be flexible there. Just no fluke tea.

[-] snaprails@feddit.uk 2 points 7 months ago

If my ex mother-in-law made you a cup of tea it was a fluke if it was drinkable.

[-] Atelopus-zeteki@kbin.run 1 points 8 months ago

No fluke tea, agreed. My best attempt to stay on the good side of my honored Moderator. tips hat

[-] Emperor@feddit.uk 1 points 8 months ago

I'm cool with whatever people define as tea but this rest of this rabble are less predictable!

[-] Atelopus-zeteki@kbin.run 2 points 8 months ago

Apparently. And I think we are here because we prefer it that way.

And quite right too.

this post was submitted on 29 Jan 2024
119 points (95.4% liked)

Tea

199 readers
1 users here now

This is a British instance and we love our tea.

See also:

Elsewhere in the Fediverse:

founded 8 months ago
MODERATORS