submitted 8 months ago* (last edited 8 months ago) by The_Picard_Maneuver@startrek.website to c/funny@lemmy.world
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] TheRtRevKaiser@sh.itjust.works 36 points 8 months ago

Jesus, the need to be the victim in everything is so strong nowadays.

[-] Silentiea@lemm.ee 1 points 8 months ago

I took a survey recently that asked if I thought people were too sensitive about things other people say and I couldn't bring myself to say disagree completely, because so many people are so sensitive about the idea of someone else being hurt by something

[-] thantik@lemmy.world -3 points 8 months ago

Given that Mutants were written more for all marginalized groups and not JUST LGB individuals is the point here. But yeah, "anyone who doesn't agree with me is literally hitler" is the appropriate lemmy-take on it.

[-] Dozzi92@lemmy.world 5 points 8 months ago

Lemmy is definitely black and white but your comment didn't exactly read that way. I don't think you're Hitler though, shit just gets lost easily in text.

[-] HikingVet@lemmy.ca 2 points 8 months ago
[-] thantik@lemmy.world -2 points 8 months ago* (last edited 8 months ago)

Because back in the 60s-80s, the T hadn't been adopted yet?

From about 1988, activists began to use the initialism LGBT in the United States. Not until the 1990s within the movement did gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people gain equal respect.

The transgenderism movement hasn't really been accepted widely until rather recently, in fact. EVEN with "LGBT" becoming a thing in the early 90s. There was some discussion of "this being a thing since the beginning" -- so I'm referencing that time period in relation to that part of the discussion.

[-] HikingVet@lemmy.ca 2 points 8 months ago

I see you didn't understand the question, why did you leave it out?

[-] thantik@lemmy.world -1 points 8 months ago

I see you didn't read what I wrote.

There was some discussion of "this being a thing since the beginning" -- so I'm referencing that time period in relation to that part of the discussion.

this post was submitted on 25 Jan 2024
1369 points (99.3% liked)

Funny: Home of the Haha

5455 readers
2550 users here now

Welcome to /c/funny, a place for all your humorous and amusing content.

Looking for mods! Send an application to Stamets!

Our Rules:

1. Keep it civil. We're all people here. Be respectful to one another.

2. No sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia or any other flavor of bigotry. I should not need to explain this one.

3. Try not to repost anything posted within the past month. Beyond that, go for it. Not everyone is on every site all the time.

Other Communities:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS