submitted 1 year ago by xandowsk@lemmy.world to c/games@lemmy.world

Freebie. Enjoy!

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] BettyWhiteInHD@lemmy.world 5 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I just farted around with it for about 15 minutes and the narrative seems interesting and the setting is genuinely fascinating, but it plays like an amateur mod from a decade ago.

The black and white with red color scheme is a detriment to immersiveness and everything about this feels like a "generic, stock Unreal Engine 3" game. Down to the having to modify the same exact settings as every other UE3 game to get it to run past 62fps. None of it feels good or polished and there are better sort of unique single player experiences like this out there. It's not fun, it's not particularly engaging and it doesn't feel good. Obviously, it has come out years after this game, but The Forgotten City is a much, much better executed one of these.

I'm sure somebody would appreciate this, it seems to have a very favorable score on Steam, but it's not for me.

this post was submitted on 11 Jul 2023
81 points (96.6% liked)

Games

31975 readers
3144 users here now

Welcome to the largest gaming community on Lemmy! Discussion for all kinds of games. Video games, tabletop games, card games etc.

Weekly Threads:

What Are You Playing?

The Weekly Discussion Topic

Rules:

1. Submissions have to be related to games

2. No bigotry or harassment, be civil

3. No excessive self-promotion

4. Stay on-topic; no memes, funny videos, giveaways, reposts, or low-effort posts

5. Mark Spoilers and NSFW

6. No linking to piracy

More information about the community rules can be found here.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS