What is the industry/production grade solutions or if you have already any experience please share it. Thanks

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] th3raid0r@tucson.social 3 points 9 months ago

IIRC, MySQL (and PosgreSQL) is pretty much limitted to a write/read-replica sort of horizontal scaling. Other SQL engines have better support for multi-master configurations.

However, these types of configurations are usually tied to licensing - especially for Microsoft SQL server and OracleDB.

As another commenter suggested, there is Yugabyte and CockroachDB as well - of those two I think CockroachDB is the more mature product. And they're one of the fiercest competitors for the company I work for too.

I cannot speak to "Battle Tested-ness" of CockroachDB, but given it's been around for a few years now, I don't think it's quite as risky as other comments have indicated. Also, they're doing something right if we haven't been able to convert many CockroachDB customers.

this post was submitted on 03 Jan 2024
11 points (92.3% liked)

DevOps

1638 readers
1 users here now

DevOps integrates and automates the work of software development (Dev) and IT operations (Ops) as a means for improving and shortening the systems development life cycle.

Rules:

Icon base by Lorc under CC BY 3.0 with modifications to add a gradient

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS