posting

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] star_wraith@hexbear.net 8 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

I love baseball but MLB is getting harder to watch with the amount of ad creep I’ve noticed in the last season or two. It’s sounds strange but I’ve actually gotten into MLS in the last year since it feels like the least advertising-intensive sport right now. I actually dropped watching the NHL because covering the ice in ads started bugging me too much.

[-] Weedian@hexbear.net 8 points 9 months ago

They put ads on the back of the pitcher’s mound for television audience. I yelled at the tv when I first saw that

[-] Southloop@hexbear.net 6 points 9 months ago

Tell me about it. The oldest continually operating team in the league now has a big yellow sack of concrete on their shoulders.

[-] zifnab25@hexbear.net 6 points 9 months ago

MLB is getting harder to watch with the amount of ad creep I’ve noticed

That's fair. Whenever I can get a pirated stream, I genuinely enjoy the big blue MLB logo and total silence where the ad-breaks are supposed to be.

I actually dropped watching the NHL because covering the ice in ads started bugging me too much.

Never got into NHL, but I'm down in Texas, so... I do feel like the live games are getting better entirely due to the relative lack of ads everywhere.

[-] BoxedFenders@hexbear.net 6 points 9 months ago

The lack of commercial breaks during a soccer game is why the sport was so unpopular in the US until recently. Well that, and the growing immigrant population that come from soccer-loving nations. But now with streaming and digitally inserted ads during the game broadcasters are willing to promote it now.

[-] star_wraith@hexbear.net 2 points 9 months ago

fwiw I don’t get any digitally inserted ads when I stream MLS

this post was submitted on 01 Jan 2024
95 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13469 readers
984 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank