Networking.jpg (hexbear.net)
submitted 9 months ago by FuckyWucky@hexbear.net to c/memes@hexbear.net
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] sooper_dooper_roofer@hexbear.net 14 points 9 months ago

insane how there was never any shark pokemon (any pokemon made after 2001 isn't a pokemon)

[-] wazzupdog@lemmy.ml 10 points 9 months ago

I know you are trolling, but gen 3 was way better than gen 1+2

[-] GinAndJuche@hexbear.net 6 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

If 1 and 2 were native to the GBA people wouldn’t say this. 3 is my fave because it came out at the right age, but 2 had better mechanics such as the day/night cycle.

[-] wazzupdog@lemmy.ml 5 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

The day night cycle is about the only mechanic (and headbutting trees) in gen 2 that 3 lacked, but 3 made up for those lacking features with all the other cool stuff like hidden bases and a much richer story (and better puzzles in the gyms[looking at you lt.surge gym...]) Also, gen 1 got a remake on the gba. Gen 1 has it's charm, i grew up playing it but it's a buggy mess and has lots of issues(psychic types being absolutely unstoppable due to basically no weaknesses being programmed in)

[-] GinAndJuche@hexbear.net 4 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

What did gen 3 add other than contests and bases (which were only a multiplayer thing really)?

Agreed on the puzzles though, that’s a good point.

[-] wazzupdog@lemmy.ml 4 points 9 months ago

The berry growth(and ability to plant specific berries). Better bicycles.. way better balance for mon types. The addition of "abilities" was pretty big too, imo. Need i go on?

[-] GinAndJuche@hexbear.net 1 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

Balance? Fire was very balanced in gen 3.

Berries and bikes, were kinda just there. I can see how people liked them though.

abilities just made competitive play worse because Nintendo actually expects people to grind out catching/breeding perfect EV and depending on the moon with hidden ability.

I guess we just disagree on what additions are good.

load more comments (2 replies)
load more comments (5 replies)
load more comments (5 replies)
this post was submitted on 26 Dec 2023
75 points (100.0% liked)

memes

22687 readers
516 users here now

dank memes

Rules:

1. All posts must be memes and follow a general meme setup.

2. No unedited webcomics.

3. Someone saying something funny or cringe on twitter/tumblr/reddit/etc. is not a meme. Post that stuff in !the_dunk_tank@www.hexbear.net, it's a great comm.

4. Va*sh posting is haram and will be removed.

5. Follow the code of conduct.

6. Tag OC at the end of your title and we'll probably pin it for a while if we see it.

7. Recent reposts might be removed.

8. Tagging OC with the hexbear watermark is praxis.

9. No anti-natalism memes. See: Eco-fascism Primer

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS