Networking.jpg (hexbear.net)
submitted 9 months ago by FuckyWucky@hexbear.net to c/memes@hexbear.net
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] wazzupdog@lemmy.ml 5 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

The day night cycle is about the only mechanic (and headbutting trees) in gen 2 that 3 lacked, but 3 made up for those lacking features with all the other cool stuff like hidden bases and a much richer story (and better puzzles in the gyms[looking at you lt.surge gym...]) Also, gen 1 got a remake on the gba. Gen 1 has it's charm, i grew up playing it but it's a buggy mess and has lots of issues(psychic types being absolutely unstoppable due to basically no weaknesses being programmed in)

[-] GinAndJuche@hexbear.net 4 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

What did gen 3 add other than contests and bases (which were only a multiplayer thing really)?

Agreed on the puzzles though, that’s a good point.

[-] wazzupdog@lemmy.ml 4 points 9 months ago

The berry growth(and ability to plant specific berries). Better bicycles.. way better balance for mon types. The addition of "abilities" was pretty big too, imo. Need i go on?

[-] GinAndJuche@hexbear.net 1 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

Balance? Fire was very balanced in gen 3.

Berries and bikes, were kinda just there. I can see how people liked them though.

abilities just made competitive play worse because Nintendo actually expects people to grind out catching/breeding perfect EV and depending on the moon with hidden ability.

I guess we just disagree on what additions are good.

this post was submitted on 26 Dec 2023
75 points (100.0% liked)

memes

22687 readers
516 users here now

dank memes

Rules:

1. All posts must be memes and follow a general meme setup.

2. No unedited webcomics.

3. Someone saying something funny or cringe on twitter/tumblr/reddit/etc. is not a meme. Post that stuff in !the_dunk_tank@www.hexbear.net, it's a great comm.

4. Va*sh posting is haram and will be removed.

5. Follow the code of conduct.

6. Tag OC at the end of your title and we'll probably pin it for a while if we see it.

7. Recent reposts might be removed.

8. Tagging OC with the hexbear watermark is praxis.

9. No anti-natalism memes. See: Eco-fascism Primer

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS