submitted 1 year ago by ogsaint@lemmy.world to c/support@lemmy.world

There are a few regional ones that I'm sure some would love to see thriving, but I'd personally like to see an active SexOver30 community for those of us who are not spring chickens anymore. I know others have been removed for similar behavior.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] BettyWhiteInHD@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

I mean all things considering the smart one would probably stay quiet about it.

[-] ccunning@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Why do you say that? Especially for highly moderated subs (e.g. /r/ChangeMyView) I would find it to be a selling point.

[-] BettyWhiteInHD@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

Because of the general disdain for Reddit moderators, especially on a platform where a good chunk of the user base went to in order to get away from a lot of the Reddit bullshit and that includes the way it was managed and mismanaged. There are and were solid moderators and decent subs, but a lot of them are fucking chuds on a power trip and a lot of the largest subs (don't know if ChangeMyView is one of these, not super familiar) were moderated in part by the same few unpaid volunteers. And that's not to even mention the "power mods", that in my opinion, if they were to be sniffed out here, should be banned for life on sight.

Who knows what Lemmy will evolve into, maybe it will die, maybe it will become a Reddit 2.0, hopefully it will grow into a new thing, but a lot of us are OK with it being a separate platform with a different culture apart from the circle-jerk, dead horse, shitty pun, every top comment is predictable dip shit fest that Reddit has been for a long time.

[-] ccunning@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

Wow. Maybe I’ve just completely misread the room then. I was under the assumption that a very large percentage of people moving to Lemmy were doing so out of support for mod’s position.

this post was submitted on 08 Jul 2023
134 points (97.9% liked)

Lemmy.world Support

3202 readers
24 users here now

Lemmy.world Support

Welcome to the official Lemmy.world Support community! Post your issues or questions about Lemmy.world here.

This community is for issues related to the Lemmy World instance only. For Lemmy software requests or bug reports, please go to the Lemmy github page.

This community is subject to the rules defined here for lemmy.world.

To open a support ticket Static Badge

You can also DM https://lemmy.world/u/lwreport or email report@lemmy.world (PGP Supported) if you need to reach our directly to the admin team.

Follow us for server news 🐘

Outages 🔥

https://status.lemmy.world

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS