Whats your such opinion (discuss.tchncs.de)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] rbesfe@lemmy.ca 47 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

TikTok and YouTube shorts are brain-rotting garbage, and if you use them regularly you need to stop now. Yes, even if you claim you only watch educational stuff.

Also giving a child under the age of 8 or 9 a personal internet-connected device should be seen on a similar level as neglect if not full-on abuse.

[-] SnipingNinja@slrpnk.net 5 points 9 months ago

I agree with the latter point but your first point is the only one I found myself questioning in this thread. If we were just going on feelings I would agree with you, but I'm not so sure if it's actually a given, especially if we take out children as the variable as they are really susceptible to it. It can be addictive for sure, but is it brain rotting? I would like to see a study.

[-] dime@beehaw.org 2 points 9 months ago

Many of penguinz0’s videos on YouTube are anecdotal case studies of the “brain rot” brought on by tik tok and by other “jangling keys” media like YouTube shorts.

this post was submitted on 07 Dec 2023
528 points (87.7% liked)

Asklemmy

43458 readers
584 users here now

A loosely moderated place to ask open-ended questions

Search asklemmy 🔍

If your post meets the following criteria, it's welcome here!

1. Open-ended question
  2. Not offensive: at this point, we do not have the bandwidth to moderate overtly political discussions. Assume best intent and be excellent to each other.
  3. Not regarding using or support for Lemmy: context, see the list of support communities and tools for finding communities below
  4. Not ad nauseam inducing: please make sure it is a question that would be new to most members
  5. An actual topic of discussion

Looking for support?

Looking for a community?

~Icon~ ~by~ ~@Double_A@discuss.tchncs.de~

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS