It just feels exhausting and hopeless lately and I'm afraid I'll just end up being lonely forever.

/vent over, thank you, carry on. Please don't absorb my upset into your own heart.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] ulkesh@beehaw.org 2 points 10 months ago

I know the feeling. Sadly, I don’t have inspiring methods of trying to make friends that don’t suck. I feel like the ship has sailed for me. I have maybe two friends. And neither of them are close by enough to do anything with them, in person, on a regular basis.

I resented this for some time, but I’m now in the acceptance phase and am simply trying to enjoy what I can for however long I can. I’m fortunate to have a spouse who seemingly wants to be with me (hopefully not out of habit :) ). So I have some good things in my life, just not any nearby trustworthy and caring friends. And I think I’m at a place now where I can live with that, but there are some times it makes me sad.

this post was submitted on 18 Nov 2023
45 points (100.0% liked)

Neurodivergence

3238 readers
1 users here now

All things neurodivergent and relating to the broader neurodivergent community (and communities).

See also this community's sister subs Feminism, LGBTQ+, Disability, and POC

This community's icon was made by Aaron Schneider, under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS