you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] MadBob@feddit.nl -1 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

Going on like you're interested in philosophy and saying things like "y'all are dumb as fuck", especially in this context, are incongruous and you really missed a great opportunity to stay quiet.

[-] KermitLeFrog@lemmy.world 2 points 10 months ago

Acting like common slang is somehow incongruous with "philosophical" conversation and voicing that opinion is hilariously hypocritical. I urge you to consider what it is about that language that upsets you so much and take some time to work on it. I use common slang mostly because the point is obvious and using big words makes people feel like the speaker thinks they are above everyone they are speaking to. I wrote out that entire long ass sentence instead of saying you sound like a conceited jackass because I know you edge from unnecessarily long phrases.

[-] MadBob@feddit.nl -1 points 10 months ago

Eh? I didn't have a problem with it being in slang. You could've asked if that was the problem and come off looking more honest.

this post was submitted on 13 Nov 2023
302 points (91.7% liked)

Showerthoughts

29288 readers
1634 users here now

A "Showerthought" is a simple term used to describe the thoughts that pop into your head while you're doing everyday things like taking a shower, driving, or just daydreaming. The best ones are thoughts that many people can relate to and they find something funny or interesting in regular stuff.

Rules

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS