fucking now what (hexbear.net)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Are_Euclidding_Me@hexbear.net 24 points 11 months ago

I tried to google both The United Association for Studies and Research and its supposed founder, Mousa Abu Marzook. Now I don't know whether search engines are just literally incapable of finding things these days or what, but literally every result was some scare-mongering site about, like, "extremism" or "the islamic brotherhood" or "hamas networks operating in the US" or some such bullshit. You'd think if the UASR exists that they'd have a website or something I could find, but they sure don't seem to.

It pisses me off when people make comments on the internet with this much certainty, but I can't seem to verify even the very existence of the thing they're talking about. Mousa Abu Marzook appears to be a real person, a high-level hamas official, even, but beyond that, I just don't know how to find any info on this supposed "far-left academic think tank". It legitimately doesn't seem to exist, except to be referenced by "reports" on "extremism".

Ugghh, the internet has been pissing me off recently, I think I need to logout

[-] ped_xing@hexbear.net 11 points 11 months ago

The United Association for Studies and Research sounds so Vincent Adultman.

Admins, would it be possible to make logout functional?

[-] tocopherol@lemmy.dbzer0.com 7 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

I don't even know how to search effectively anymore because of this bullshit, like trying to find any news info about Israeli violence before this year is impossible right now through search engines, hundreds of articles just talking about the current conflict and justifying genocide etc. You can't hardly even 'google it' to get to any concrete info about a situation.

this post was submitted on 10 Nov 2023
78 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15896 readers
532 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS