you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Kushia@lemmy.ml 16 points 11 months ago

Saying they were aiming for 30 FPS was a mistake I think. When you play Skylines you want to admire the whole thing functioning especially if you have a decent PC and in 2023 30 FPS is just not acceptable. This is what you get however for making a complex simulation in Unity rather than actually making it from scratch like it should be.

That said, I am getting 30 FPS on a 100k pop map and it is playable once you get used to the occasional jerkiness of it. On my now 8k pop map I'm getting 60-90 FPS after following some guides I've seen online about tweaking some settings.

I hope they do eventually optimise this game better but from everything I've seen in other Unity games that suffer similar problems its going to be a long road to treak.

[-] lemillionsocks@beehaw.org 1 points 11 months ago

Ive seen on some other threads that skylines 2 is able to get better frames if you turn off some settings like fog and depth of field and that it's likely these two effects specifically that are borked.

this post was submitted on 25 Oct 2023
468 points (81.0% liked)

Memes

45300 readers
2244 users here now

Rules:

1. Be civil and nice.
  2. Try not to excessively repost, as a rule of thumb, wait at least 2 months to do it if you have to.

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS