you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Thisfox@sopuli.xyz 17 points 11 months ago

See this is the problem with Lemmy. I want to tag this or even crosspost this to a Pratchett place ("unexpectedpratchett" or similar) but a) I haven't found a populated one, and b) I can't just type in its name if I have one or guess its name like you can in other media, and c) even if I did, the link won't work for everyone, and those it will work for are often (like me) sent out-of-app to a browser if they successfully click on the damn thing. Frustration.

[-] taaz@biglemmowski.win 16 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

a) should resolve itself overtime with both features and people
b) is something devs should be working on, or at least I heard that they are working on better cross-instance community search
c) this is currently my gripe too, on Android jerboa does offer opening any https:// links in the app but it rarely works or you have to do it twice for whatever reason.

Though I get the frustration.

[-] hansl@lemmy.world 4 points 11 months ago

The “critical mass” argument only makes sense if there’s a critical mass in the future. There might never be one. People might give up threaded-discussion platforms before this ever makes it.

I vote we go back to phpBB.

[-] shrippen@feddit.de 2 points 11 months ago

Nah, let's go back to newsgroups

[-] AtmaJnana@lemmy.world 1 points 11 months ago

newsgroups are still around. we just don't use then for discussion much anymore.

[-] AVincentInSpace@pawb.social 1 points 10 months ago

You can very easily write cross instance links if you weren't aware, e.g. !memes@lemmy.world -- this works on desktop (opens the community on your instance instead of the instance the community is on, so you stay logged in) and on every mobile client I've seen

this post was submitted on 13 Oct 2023
704 points (98.0% liked)

RPGMemes

10175 readers
372 users here now

Humor, jokes, memes about TTRPGs

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS