submitted 1 year ago by Sprite@lemmy.ml to c/asklemmy@lemmy.ml

I personally hate rounded corners and shadows added everywhere. Makes most things look crappy and smudged.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] MimicJar@lemmy.world 33 points 1 year ago

Infinite scrolling. Sometimes I want things to end. It's fine if I have to click "more" but I want to know when I've reached the "end".

Also many apps/sites forget where I am it I leave, so if I leave and then go back I'm in the middle of a mess.

(I'm fine for it to be an option, I personally don't like it but I don't care if folks who like it keep it.)

[-] pimpelmees@feddit.nl 9 points 1 year ago

To me this is especially a problem when sites still put their privacy policy etc in the footer. I have to scroll and click really quickly before more content loads, and fail 9/10 times. Cannot recommend.

[-] jtfletchbot@lemmy.ko4abp.com 3 points 1 year ago

As someone with ADD, I get stuck in scroll loops a lot. If the scrolling had an end, it's easier to kick my brain out and get it to go do other things.

But if there's infinite scroll, my brain will happily sit for hours and just scroll through random crap.

Which is more of a problem with my brain, but having interrupted scrolling makes it easier to break the loop.

[-] d0ntpan1c@lemmy.blahaj.zone 2 points 1 year ago

This. To implement most infinite scrolls UI's you are still doing pagination with an API,just automatically requesting the next page in the list rather than needing to press a "next" button to kick it off (usually). Most apps and sites could implement switching between pagination UI and Infinite Scroll UI as a setting.

One of those things that would not be a ton of effort, but since it does create two different things to show does increase maintenance efforts for the dev. So I get why people tend to go for one or the other and rarely both, but it'd be a huge win for user preference.

[-] askdocsthrowaway96@lemm.ee 1 points 1 year ago
this post was submitted on 04 Oct 2023
451 points (94.7% liked)

Asklemmy

43490 readers
1937 users here now

A loosely moderated place to ask open-ended questions

Search asklemmy ๐Ÿ”

If your post meets the following criteria, it's welcome here!

1. Open-ended question
  2. Not offensive: at this point, we do not have the bandwidth to moderate overtly political discussions. Assume best intent and be excellent to each other.
  3. Not regarding using or support for Lemmy: context, see the list of support communities and tools for finding communities below
  4. Not ad nauseam inducing: please make sure it is a question that would be new to most members
  5. An actual topic of discussion

Looking for support?

Looking for a community?

~Icon~ ~by~ ~@Double_A@discuss.tchncs.de~

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS