For me Reddit was always the place where you can find firsthand raw experience. A place where people are free to share and ask questions. A place where you can seek support and find a feeling that you’re not alone. I thought it would be nice to find something similar here.

So anyway some time ago I was struggling through the consequences of a bad drug trip. I was experiencing a bad case of depersonalisation and derealisation. I was almost at the verge of breakdown. At some point I wasn’t sure if reality was a stable thing or was about to shatter any moment.

It was r/drugs who helped me realise I wasn’t alone in that, nor was I having the worst. It helped me identify the substance and understand how it affected me. I browsed through the stories similar to mine, and it finally gave me a piece of mind and a sense of closure. it’s been over a decade since I had the last psychotic episode.

Bottom line, I though it would be cool if we shared some personal stories about how did Reddit community help you through tough times.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Coskii@lemmy.blahaj.zone 2 points 1 year ago

Sorting out my sexuality. No one directly helped, but just being exposed to different possibilities really got me considering how I've lived my life so far and what it really pointed to.

The answer is boring, agender, asexual. But having the most bland answer ended up being really tough to pin down and realize. Nothing is either overly enjoyable or overly upsetting, it's all just kind of flat lined.

this post was submitted on 13 Jun 2023
19 points (85.2% liked)

Lemmy.World Announcements

28381 readers
8 users here now

This Community is intended for posts about the Lemmy.world server by the admins.

Follow us for server news 🐘

Outages 🔥

https://status.lemmy.world

For support with issues at Lemmy.world, go to the Lemmy.world Support community.

Support e-mail

Any support requests are best sent to info@lemmy.world e-mail.

Report contact

Donations 💗

If you would like to make a donation to support the cost of running this platform, please do so at the following donation URLs.

If you can, please use / switch to Ko-Fi, it has the lowest fees for us

Ko-Fi (Donate)

Bunq (Donate)

Open Collective backers and sponsors

Patreon

Join the team

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS