submitted 1 year ago by Ecks@lemmy.dbzer0.com to c/adhd@lemmy.world

In reference to the awful /r/ADHD subreddit which is the most anti-ADHD place online I have ever seen I would like to know if this place will follow their horrible example or actually allow neurodivergent people with ADHD to consider it a home?

Based on this from the sidebar it seems positive and I look forward to interacting with you all.

"Encouraged:

Funny memes. Welcoming and accepting attitudes. Questions on confusing situations. Seeking and sharing support. Engagement in our values."

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] AnotherPerson@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

May I ask what was so awful about it? (So we can help avoid the same outcome)

[-] Ecks@lemmy.dbzer0.com 1 points 1 year ago

Due to my terrible memory it's hard for me to remember/give specific examples unfortunately I just remember that any time I tried to post something asking about ADHD it was either auto-modded and never posted or never approved by the mods of the subreddit despite never being against any of their rules.

From my experience it's an incredibly shut-down sub-reddit that enforces too many strict rules onto a community of people who don't do well in restrictive communities like that.

Oh they also heavily enforced just putting your content into their megathreads rather than allowing you to post your own thread. Despite them allowing other people posting similar content to create their own threads.

this post was submitted on 17 Jun 2023
0 points (50.0% liked)

ADHD

9286 readers
17 users here now

A casual community for people with ADHD

Values:

Acceptance, Openness, Understanding, Equality, Reciprocity.

Rules:

Encouraged:

Relevant Lemmy communities:

Autism

ADHD Memes

Bipolar Disorder

Therapy

Mental Health

Neurodivergent Life Hacks

lemmy.world/c/adhd will happily promote other ND communities as long as said communities demonstrate that they share our values.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS