submitted 1 year ago by mo_ztt@lemmy.world to c/science@lemmy.world
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] mo_ztt@lemmy.world -1 points 1 year ago

Yeah, sure. I know if there's one thing I hear Tucker Carlson say all the time, it's stuff like:

This all seems like a pretty cogent argument. Actually, I’d take it a step further than what you’re saying – I’d say that if a fully functioning adult wants to get a knee replacement or a gender transition, it’s nobody’s business but theirs whether or not they should do it. It’s relevant to talk about the long term outcomes and etc, but at the end of the day it’s up to them.

Also, in what sense is this verifiable bullshit? Can you point to a specific claim and why you say it’s bullshit?

Do you have sources indicating clear positive outcomes for adolescents? Like I say, I’m genuinely interested in learning.

Out of all the people who engaged with me on this, one person sent me any kind of links for that last question, which is basically the factual core of the matter that I was looking for. I'm asking that question so I can learn. I took a bunch of time to read over them and responded in detail to each one. Most of them I pretty much agreed with, and I said so.

If you can't tell the difference between someone who's attacking you, and someone who actually is genuinely asking for information although they don't fully agree with you, you're going to wind up "counterattacking" a lot of people for more or less no reason, and making enemies of them.

this post was submitted on 15 Aug 2023
-11 points (39.2% liked)

science

14464 readers
717 users here now

just science related topics. please contribute

note: clickbait sources/headlines aren't liked generally. I've posted crap sources and later deleted or edit to improve after complaints. whoops, sry

Rule 1) Be kind.

lemmy.world rules: https://mastodon.world/about

I don't screen everything, lrn2scroll

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS