submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by BrikoX@lemmy.zip to c/coffee@lemmy.ml
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] tree@lemmy.zip 3 points 1 year ago

I like the french press bc its low tech no waste, I've heard good about the aeropress but I can't get behind using filters

[-] snowbell@beehaw.org 5 points 1 year ago

You can get steel filters for the aeropress

[-] Anka@feddit.de 1 points 1 year ago

I use a steel filter and I think it is great.

[-] tree@lemmy.zip 1 points 1 year ago

I didn't know that, that's interesting

[-] narwhal@lemmy.ml 2 points 1 year ago

If you're interested in getting aeropress, I can highly recommend getting the Fellow Prismo attachment. It uses metal filter with the added bonus of not leaking any coffee before some pressure is applied.

[-] JustEnoughDucks@feddit.nl 4 points 1 year ago

Cloth filters are the way to go then (for filtered, nothing wrong with French press). V60, aeropress, and pretty much every pourover can be done with cloth. Practically no waste if you take care of them, though more energy usage than a French press. Maybe not if you take into account production emmissions, but then we are splitting hairs.

[-] tree@lemmy.zip 1 points 1 year ago

Didn't know that, got a new french press this year so probably wont change soon, but good to know

this post was submitted on 08 Sep 2023
13 points (93.3% liked)

Coffee

2225 readers
1 users here now

The Magical Fruit

The Oromo people would customarily plant a coffee tree on the graves of powerful sorcerers. They believed that the first coffee bush sprang up from the tears that the god of heaven shed over the corpse of a dead sorcerer.

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS