submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by fubo@lemmy.world to c/mtg@mtgzone.com

Just now on Arena I was playing against a [[Sauron, the Dark Lord]] Historic Brawl deck. I realized that I had lethal, but played the last 1-mana creature in my hand before attacking.

I then realized that I'd just played [[Delighted Halfling]].

Before beating Sauron.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] andrew@mtgzone.com 5 points 1 year ago

In the Phantom Sealed event for LOTR I opened [[Frodo, Sauron's Bane]] and [[Gollum, Patient Plotter]]. Late in the game I had both of these out and my opponent just played a 2/4 at a healthy 15 life. Frodo was upgraded once and I was tempted 3 times at this point.

On my turn I cast [[Lash of the Balrog]] for B targeting their creature, sacrificing Gollum and triggering the 4th ring temptation. With BBB remaining I leveled up Frodo and swing unblocked for the win!

Gollum was tempted by the ring at the end and ultimately "sacrificed," and Frodo is alone for the win!

this post was submitted on 27 Jun 2023
4 points (75.0% liked)

MTG

1889 readers
8 users here now

Magic: the Gathering discussion

General discussion, questions, and media related to Magic: the Gathering that doesn't fit within a more specific community. Our equivalent of /r/magicTCG!

Type [[Card name]] in your posts and comments and CardBot will reply with a link to the card! More info here.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS