All the historical evidence for Jesus in one room

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world -3 points 1 year ago

Dang you got me. There is so much evidence for the man existing such as ummm some "historian" writing 150 years later describing what other people said.

[-] stoicmaverick@lemmy.world 0 points 1 year ago

You don't read a lot of history do you? Look into what kind of "evidence" we have for entire cultures in the ancient world. The guy definitely existed. The question is wether or not he had super powers.

[-] afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world 0 points 1 year ago

I see. What culture in particular are you discussing that we have this little evidence for? Also can I ask, if a low bar of evidence was accepted for one thing does that mean a low bar of evidence must be accepted for another?

[-] stoicmaverick@lemmy.world 0 points 1 year ago
  1. Off the top of my head: there are entire reigns of of the less famous Kings from the Persian Empire which we have almost nothing from.
  2. Loaded question, but on the whole: yes, assuming you do in fact accept the first body of evidence.
  3. I'm not going to argue with you, because it seems that you're less self-aware than some fundies that I know, but I did find an interesting video for you to watch while you're splitting hairs. https://youtu.be/vxuqSg4f7yY?si=bYSgc-NVwVoNQYoa
[-] afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world 0 points 1 year ago
  1. Maybe don't go off the top of your head. You said "Look into what kind of “evidence” we have for entire cultures in the ancient world. " now you are talking about kings. Can you move the goalposts back please? I want a list of cultures that have less evidence of existing and are as widely accepted as existing as Jesus.

2. Well let's start with some.

3. Sorry I don't click random YouTube links. You got an argument you make the argument.

this post was submitted on 03 Sep 2023
137 points (68.0% liked)

Atheist Memes

5478 readers
41 users here now

About

A community for the most based memes from atheists, agnostics, antitheists, and skeptics.

Rules

1. No Pro-Religious or Anti-Atheist Content.

2. No Unrelated Content. All posts must be memes related to the topic of atheism and/or religion.

3. No bigotry.

4. Attack ideas not people.

5. Spammers and trolls will be instantly banned no exceptions.

6. No False Reporting

7. NSFW posts must be marked as such.

Resources

International Suicide Hotlines

Recovering From Religion

Happy Whole Way

Non Religious Organizations

Freedom From Religion Foundation

Atheist Republic

Atheists for Liberty

American Atheists

Ex-theist Communities