I want some of that (cdn.discordapp.com)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Drug_Shareni@hexbear.net 28 points 1 year ago

My European country is currently the definition of corruption, I can and have criticized and protested against the regime, and I can vote freely. The only issue is that the position and opposition are working together...

[-] N1cknamed@feddit.nl 1 points 1 year ago

Sounds like you have it tough buddy. At least you can always vote for a 3rd party instead. Dunno why you'd rather live under a dictator like dear leader Pooh in China.

[-] nohaybanda@hexbear.net 22 points 1 year ago

Mayos try not to be racist for a minute challenge: impossible

PIGPOOPBALLS

[-] Infamousblt@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago

Racism is okay when they DESERVE it huh?

PIGPOOPBALLS

Oh no I'm sorry, did I hurt the feelings of a powerful dictator by comparing him to a childrens cartoon?

[-] Infamousblt@hexbear.net 22 points 1 year ago

I don't think Xi reads Hexbear so no. You're hurting yourself by being racist though. Hopefully someday you realize that

Racism means to speak ill of a race. I'm speaking ill of one person (and an ideology).

If dear leader didn't want to be compared to children cartoons, maybe he shouldn't have been an exploitative dictator. The fact that he tries to censor it only makes it funnier. I make fun of my own politicians all the time, but they don't throw me in jail for it.

[-] Infamousblt@hexbear.net 17 points 1 year ago

Here's a source on why this is racist even though you don't think it is, I hope this helps:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pooh_China_Xi

[-] nohaybanda@hexbear.net 16 points 1 year ago

That's funny, the minute I criticize your dear leader you call for me to get shot. Free and democratic nation uh huh.

[-] Drug_Shareni@hexbear.net 9 points 1 year ago

There are like 20+ choices, most of them in coalition with the leading party, others are nominally opposed, but taking a cut to be quiet and not rock the boat.

I wouldn't live in China, but I also wouldn't ever live in the USA. Yugoslavian countries are more than enough for me...

this post was submitted on 24 Aug 2023
266 points (99.6% liked)

chapotraphouse

13462 readers
1029 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS