you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] GeekFTW@kbin.social 30 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Dear Youtube,

I've been using you daily since before you were bought by Google. I have watched undoubted millions of youtube videos over the last 17 years.

The mother fucking nanosecond you start blocking me from watching your content because I have an ad blocker is the moment I sit here and just rip every each and every single mother fucking video I want to watch to view entirely offline. Given you've tried and failed for a decade now to stop us from doing that I trust it'll solve both our needs, you won't have me blocking your ads, and I won't need to ever see em. Savvy? Savvy!

With a level of spite indescribable,

Me.

Edit: For those whining about my entitlement: QQ more idc.

Edit 2: Ya'll still commenting and downvoting a week later while I haven't thought about any of you at all lmao. Rent free!

[-] imPastaSyndrome@lemm.ee 32 points 1 year ago

I mean... 'oh no a person who doesn't watch our ads is going to not watch our ads'

Not sure they'll care about the 'loss''

[-] Kichae@kbin.social 24 points 1 year ago

Now it's "a person who doesn't watch our ads isn't using up bandwidth"

[-] Nepenthe@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Then they logically wouldn't have cared about the adblock in the first place...? Although I'm intending to go back to doing the same and it's not about whether I make them sad or not. It's a quality of life thing.

[-] imPastaSyndrome@lemm.ee 1 points 1 year ago

I mean they care about adblock because it blocks their ads... They don't expect people to know beyond just using adblock

[-] ShittyRedditWasBetter@lemmy.world 29 points 1 year ago

They don't care. You cost them money.

[-] madcaesar@lemmy.world 12 points 1 year ago

Don't wait! We need to all start ripping videos and sharing in torrents. We have to back up all the educational quality videos.

Just like with shows / movies, it's time to start hoarding because things will only get worse.

[-] GeekFTW@kbin.social 5 points 1 year ago

Oh trust me my 30TB of HDD's and ADHD already got started on the data hoarding front many a year ago. Haven't had a paid subscription to anything since Netflix in 2014 lmao.

[-] some_guy@kbin.social 8 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

30tb doesn’t even cover the movies in my library, let alone TV, YouTube, etc. Get ripping son

[-] GeekFTW@kbin.social 3 points 1 year ago

Soon as I find a sugarmama to buy my broke ass some new HDD's I will 🤣

[-] madcaesar@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

Any tools available for ripping cataloging youtube videos ala sonarr?

[-] baggins@beehaw.org 10 points 1 year ago

undoubted millions of youtube videos over the last 17 years

4 million would be just over 644 videos watched every single day for each one of those 17 years.

I salute your dedication.

[-] hibbfd@kbin.social 10 points 1 year ago

I'm having a bad, bad, day

It's about time that I get my way

Streaming whatever I see

oh, indescribable me

I’m having a bad, bad, day

If you block my ad blocker that's not okay

Watch, this is so fun to see

oh, indescribable me

[-] SeaTurtle1122@beehaw.org 1 points 1 year ago

Oh no, YouTube has been losing money on you for 17 years, they’re gonna be so sad.

[-] Tagger@lemmy.world 0 points 1 year ago

How can you feel this level of entitlement - surely you should just be grateful for the 17 years and millions of videos you have been able to watch for free?!?!

[-] Tagger@lemmy.world -1 points 1 year ago

qq more yourself - you are the one bitching about a company not subsidising your free-loading ass.

this post was submitted on 18 Aug 2023
1875 points (97.2% liked)

Memes

45284 readers
2154 users here now

Rules:

1. Be civil and nice.
  2. Try not to excessively repost, as a rule of thumb, wait at least 2 months to do it if you have to.

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS