submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by cryomancer20x6@lemmy.sdf.org to c/linustechtips@lemmy.ml

It seems as though they're trying to fix things, which is good.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] DarkThoughts@kbin.social 32 points 1 year ago

It gets worse, much worse even:

I was asked about my sexual history, my boyfriends sexual history, "how I liked to fuck".

I was told that certain issues were "sexual tension" and I should just "take the co-worker out on a coffee date to ease it out"
I was asked to twerk for a co-worker at one point.

I was told I was chunky, fat, ugly, stupid.
I was called "retarded" I was called a "faggot"

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1691693740254228741.html

It's not just complete incompetency, not even "just" toxicity, but straight up abuse and sexual harassment.

[-] darkeox@kbin.social 8 points 1 year ago

If true, this is kind of explosive...

[-] Vaggumon@lemmy.world -4 points 1 year ago

I'm not saying she's not telling the truth, but did she provide any form of proof for her claims?

[-] snor10@lemm.ee 17 points 1 year ago

What proof could she possibly bring?

A hidden camera? If I call you a faggot in private, what proof can you wield against me except reputation and previous conduct?

A history of shady/unethical behavior compounds on the scale to make me err on the side of her tweets being truthful.

[-] DarkThoughts@kbin.social 8 points 1 year ago

With you simping for Linus in the other thread I'm having a really hard time taking you seriously.

[-] Polar@lemmy.ca -2 points 1 year ago

Asking for any kind of evidence. Eye witnesses. Anything, to a serious claim, is the smart thing.

Why are you being hostile because someone isn't believing something someone brought up?

Not to mention it's scummy she said she was under NDA but just totally realized today she's not. How perfect!

[-] DarkThoughts@kbin.social 3 points 1 year ago

How is that scummy? They very obviously hire young and impressionable people without much work experience for the purpose of using abusive tactics. This isn't even just her case, as they admitted it during their own video. They literally told you they were already abusive, but you end up giving them the benefit of the doubt? I'm sorry, but that is nothing but hypocrisy.

[-] jaykay@lemmy.zip 2 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Imagine asking for proof of such claims. They should just close the company down cos one person said something. /s

Idk if Madison is lying or not but we can’t just take her word for it

[-] Polar@lemmy.ca 0 points 1 year ago

Exactly. Like I said a million times (which are HEAVILY downvoted), we need to wait for both sides.

Let the investigation take place and wait for the results.

Then be mad at the correct person.

this post was submitted on 16 Aug 2023
62 points (81.6% liked)

Linus Tech Tips

3526 readers
2 users here now

~~⚠️ De-clickbait-ify the youtube titles or your post will be removed!~~

~~Floatplane titles are perfectly fine.~~

~~LTT/LMG community. Brought to you by ******... Actually, no, not this time. This time it's brought to you by Lemmy, the open communities and free and open source software!~~

~~If you post videos from Youtube/LTT, please please un-clickbait the titles. (You can use the title from https://nitter.net/LTTtranslator/ but it doesn't seem to have been updated in quite some while...)~~

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS