submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by devve@lemmy.world to c/selfhosted@lemmy.world

Hello everyone! Mods here 😊

Tell us, what services do you selfhost? Extra points for selfhosted hardware infrastructure.

Feel free to take it as a chance to present yourself to the community!

🦎

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] I_am_the_Carl@lemmy.ml 1 points 1 year ago

I run everything I can out of containers. It makes remembering all the changes I made easy, and reverting them even easier. My hardware is a generic PC in my closet.

I'm running:

• Jelly Fin
  • Transmission Torrent
  • Next Cloud (I have mounted Jellyfin and Torrent's volumes within the Next Cloud instance so I can access them from there, very convenient)
  • Home Assistant
  • Wire Guard
  • A printer daemon so my old printer from 2008 can do wifi printing (I refuse to upgrade)
  • A scanner daemon so I can wifi scan too (scanservjs)
  • A tool to expose my UPS as a battery Home Assistant can monitor
  • Traefik (big pain but great payoff)
  • Watch Tower to keep the public facing stuff automatically updated
  • Automatic Ripping Machine which... is almost good but I'm generally disappointed with. It's still worth using though.
  • ESPHome which lets me make my own smart home devices with ESP family microcontrollers. I've made my own smart window blinds and smartified an air conditioner.
  • Minecraft/Factorio depending on the mood of my friends and I.

But that's not all, I also installed OpenWRT on my router, more out of necessity because it didn't have features my ISP required. That's running:

• ... actually everything else about it is pretty standard.

I have a Raspberry Pi running OctoPrint for a 3D printer in the corner. I would have preferred to have ran that on my server to save on power and save a Raspberry Pi but I don't have a long enough USB cable.

this post was submitted on 11 Jun 2023
287 points (98.0% liked)

Selfhosted

39484 readers
746 users here now

A place to share alternatives to popular online services that can be self-hosted without giving up privacy or locking you into a service you don't control.

Rules:

1. Be civil: we're here to support and learn from one another. Insults won't be tolerated. Flame wars are frowned upon.

2. No spam posting.

3. Posts have to be centered around self-hosting. There are other communities for discussing hardware or home computing. If it's not obvious why your post topic revolves around selfhosting, please include details to make it clear.

4. Don't duplicate the full text of your blog or github here. Just post the link for folks to click.

5. Submission headline should match the article title (don’t cherry-pick information from the title to fit your agenda).

6. No trolling.

Resources:

Any issues on the community? Report it using the report flag.

Questions? DM the mods!

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS