2022 Rust Survey results (blog.rust-lang.org)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] RunAwayFrog@sh.itjust.works 3 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I only participated in two surveys, the first, then the second or third (don't remember).

I am here. So, while I'm not sure, I think I'm still interested ๐Ÿ˜‘

Maybe gauging level of interest based on the number of survey participants is not a sound strategy ๐Ÿค”

I think there used to be a question about how long you've known/used Rust. And you would find that new or relatively new users were always overrepresented. Although, maybe that over-representation was read wrongly at times.

If I had to speculate something based on this decline, I would guess that most people who were to give Rust a try at some point, have actually done so already. So the influx of people new to the language, where for them the novelty (and the excitement/resentment that comes with it) hasn't worn off already, has slowed down.

I'd say that's understandable, and is to be expected after many years of hyped existence.

this post was submitted on 07 Aug 2023
31 points (100.0% liked)

Rust

5829 readers
60 users here now

Welcome to the Rust community! This is a place to discuss about the Rust programming language.

Wormhole

!performance@programming.dev

Credits

• The icon is a modified version of the official rust logo (changing the colors to a gradient and black background)

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS