you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Kaldo@beehaw.org 1 points 1 year ago

I imagine 7% isn't that much of a "loss" when compared to how much larger the market on discord is and how convenient it's going to be for these users to start spending on MTX.

[-] Dee_Imaginarium@beehaw.org 1 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Agree to disagree then, every percentage counts and the effects of each of those percentages is exaggerated with each additional patron. 7% of one patron is negligible, 7% of three hundred patrons is huge.

Edit: oh and the discord market is a niche market, the average person does not have a Discord and many aren't even familiar when it's brought up. I had a much easier time getting people to sign up for a paid Patreon than I had getting them to sign up for a free Discord account back when I was putting in the effort to grow a following on these platforms. I think it'll be good for people who are already building on that market but for every other creator it's an easy pass.

this post was submitted on 21 Jun 2023
281 points (100.0% liked)

Technology

37621 readers
598 users here now

A nice place to discuss rumors, happenings, innovations, and challenges in the technology sphere. We also welcome discussions on the intersections of technology and society. If it’s technological news or discussion of technology, it probably belongs here.

Remember the overriding ethos on Beehaw: Be(e) Nice. Each user you encounter here is a person, and should be treated with kindness (even if they’re wrong, or use a Linux distro you don’t like). Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Subcommunities on Beehaw:

This community's icon was made by Aaron Schneider, under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

founded 2 years ago
MODERATORS