you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] UndercoverUlrikHD@programming.dev 7 points 2 hours ago

Unless you're the same height as me, I'll never remember how tall you are. I was mentoring some girl for half year and when she asked me to guess her height while she was sitting, I guessed ~170, turns out she was 180+.

Height just isn't something I register about a person, and I don't see why anyone would bother trying to remember stuff like that.

[-] dwindling7373@feddit.it 2 points 1 hour ago* (last edited 7 minutes ago)

I don't mean remembering, I mean estimating, in person.

If a person tells me they are 190 and they are actually 185 I can tell. Can't you?

[-] UndercoverUlrikHD@programming.dev 1 points 47 minutes ago

My height is 192 so 190 vs 185 would be easy to tell, but once you reach ~182 and below it's all a wash. 180 vs 175 I wouldn't have a clue. I was off by more than 10cm in my estimation when they were sitting in front of me, and it was a person I knew well.

[-] dwindling7373@feddit.it 1 points 42 minutes ago

Have you tried having them to actually stand up?

[-] UndercoverUlrikHD@programming.dev 1 points 11 minutes ago

She refused until I guessed... She even had the gall to act insulted when I was wrong

Guessing people's height also isn't something I do regularly. Might be why I suck at it.

this post was submitted on 09 Oct 2024
386 points (97.8% liked)

Greentext

4166 readers
1647 users here now

This is a place to share greentexts and witness the confounding life of Anon. If you're new to the Greentext community, think of it as a sort of zoo with Anon as the main attraction.

Be warned:

If you find yourself getting angry (or god forbid, agreeing) with something Anon has said, you might be doing it wrong.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS