submitted 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago) by monk@lemmy.dbzer0.com to c/privacy@lemmy.ml
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] AnnaFrankfurter@lemmy.ml 1 points 2 hours ago* (last edited 2 hours ago)

Yes but, I ain't joining a random group I found on Internet on a service which has my phone number. Which can be easily traced back to me. Because I don't know who all the members are then if someone is on the list then that will put me also on the list. If it was something like matrix where even though the group could be unencrypted and open to all. I can use Qubes and whonix to make sure that some stupid idiot doesn't put me on a watchlist I don't want.

But if I know all the members and I or someone I trust controls who can join then anonymity isn't a concern security is and in that scenario yes I'll definitely be using signal. I already am. But not here.

this post was submitted on 06 Oct 2024
149 points (95.7% liked)

Privacy

31384 readers
612 users here now

A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.

Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.

In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.

Some Rules

Related communities

Chat rooms

much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS