submitted 3 days ago by li10@feddit.uk to c/memes@lemmy.ml
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Grumpy@sh.itjust.works 5 points 2 days ago

Shoes have too much of a usage difference to go off of Amazon reviews. You don't know their lifestyle. For anyone that runs a marathon or similar exercise to have shoes that last over 3 months would be a miracle. Any typical big brands like adidas, Nike, etc lasts me many years if I only wear them lightly, like if I take the car. But if I exercise outside in them, they're not gonna last half a year. It's just usage dependent.

Occasionally you might get a bad batch and glue comes off or stitching rips. That's inevitable bad luck. Though you can just get gorilla glue and glue it back yourself.

Dress shoes is a different ball game. Get stitched build/welted, not glued on. That's usually a safe choice though expensive. These can be repaired and resoled, so you could wear them for 10+ yrs. Though getting bored of them might be an issue.

Light weight shoes are also obviously going to not last. Like hey dude shoes. They're literally a single sheet of cloth. Easy to wash, but not going to last.

Also stop trying to buy shoes from Amazon. Go wear shit and try them on.

this post was submitted on 06 Oct 2024
1170 points (98.8% liked)

Memes

45363 readers
2327 users here now

Rules:

1. Be civil and nice.
  2. Try not to excessively repost, as a rule of thumb, wait at least 2 months to do it if you have to.

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS