"Housing" Proposals (lemmy.world)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments

Okay america is sounding more and more like a joke. You have to pay to be in a processing facility? When you have no choice. And you’ll be incarcerated there during trial so before you are proven guilty of anything.

[-] homesweethomeMrL@lemmy.world 11 points 4 days ago

Fun fact! The Constitutional amendment that outlawed slavery also legalized slavery!

Yeah! And until right now, this very minute, as you're reading this, some Americans didn't know that.

[-] Rekorse@sh.itjust.works 2 points 4 days ago

Right now some americans don't know they have items in their house produced by slave labor.

[-] Rekorse@sh.itjust.works 1 points 4 days ago

https://www.wkar.org/wkar-news/2022-03-08/pay-to-stay-jails-in-michigan-and-across-the-country-are-billing-people-for-time-behind-bars

Here's a quick read about it.

I think in my case its only sentenced time that is charged, but I had to pay a bunch of fines and stuff after so it might have just been included in the court costs and fees.

It costs a lot to be in the judicial system. If you have money its far easier.

this post was submitted on 05 Oct 2024
1202 points (98.2% liked)

Political Memes

5330 readers
3962 users here now

Welcome to politcal memes!

These are our rules:

Be civilJokes are okay, but don’t intentionally harass or disturb any member of our community. Sexism, racism and bigotry are not allowed. Good faith argumentation only. No posts discouraging people to vote or shaming people for voting.

No misinformationDon’t post any intentional misinformation. When asked by mods, provide sources for any claims you make.

Posts should be memesRandom pictures do not qualify as memes. Relevance to politics is required.

No bots, spam or self-promotionFollow instance rules, ask for your bot to be allowed on this community.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS